Earn while you learn – The Apprenticeship Program is a great balance of
learning while you earn money working in the trade!
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Complete application process
To all Signatory Contractors:
Regarding a change of hours for applicants and apprentices for reinstatement who require drug screening;
As of July 19th, 2010, the St. Louis Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program will be accepting Letter of Intent applicants and returning apprentices for reinstatement who require drug screening from 7 am to 3 pm, Monday through Friday.
Office hours will continue to be 7 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday.
- Application Process
- Indenturing Process
- Apprenticeship Process
- Apply in person at the Carpenters main office (see
St. Louis Carpenters Joint Apprenticeship Program (CJAP)
Nelson-Mulligan Carpenters’ Training Center
St. Louis, MO 63123
- Applications are accepted Monday through Friday from 7:00
a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (except
holidays) at CJAP. Applicants must present proof of age (photo ID) when
- See if you qualify for entry into the Apprenticeship Program with
- There is no cost to an apprentice except for the
fee, monthly union dues,
and purchase of hand tools (see
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy As To Students
The Carpenters' Joint Training Fund of St. Louis admits students of any
race, color, national and ethnic origin to all of the rights, privileges,
programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at
its school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, or
national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational
policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic
and other school-administered programs.
- Submit application to CJAP.
- Get a job with a signatory contractor (see
Employment) and obtain a
letter of intent from the contractor.
- Bring letter of intent to CJAP along with $33 for the processing
fee, Photo ID, and SSN card (after completing application).
- Sign Apprenticeship Agreement and Union Membership.
- Get scheduled for New Apprentice course.
- Report to job site.
- Obtain required tools (see
- Start job. Note: Employed apprentices are registered with the U. S.
Department of Office of Apprenticeship.
- Report to CJAP Nelson-Mulligan Carpenters' Training Center when notified (usually about
3 months after completion of new apprentice course). Apprentices
report to school for one 5-day period of training (one unit),
- Training and pay progresses as the apprentice completes "units". (see
- Achieve Journey level status after completing 18 units and 6,000 hours
learning (approximately four years of apprenticeship).